What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shot #31

Full moon and the sky was as clear as clear.  The reflected light on the carvings on the Marae entrance were something quite special.  I saw a similar effect yesterday, but didn't really get to work in time to get the shot.  Today, however, I was a little better prepared.  Not easy to gauge the exposure so I suppose I cheated a bit by using bracketing.  I could then select the one I liked the best to post here.

Remember, all shots in this 505050 blog are unmodified images from a dSLR with a 50mm lens.

Tripod mounted camera, 50mm lens, f4, 1.6 seconds, ISO 200.

There's an HDR version of this image on my flickr pages.  You might like to compare the two and see which you prefer ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment