What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shot #21

Out for a ride on the bikes this afternoon I couldn't help but be taken by a sea of seed heads in the field through which we were riding.  Not only were they interesting to look at, but they made a cool noise as they rattled in the breeze.  I was keen to ensure the seed head didn't blur in the shot, so a reasonably quick shutter was required.  I didn't want the background to be too blurred either, so f5.6 gave a bit of detail, but not too much to detract from the subject of the shot.

Spot metering and spot exposure on the seed head and then focus set to continuous (in an attempt to keep focussing on the subject even though it was breezy).

Thankfully the sun came out to give the seed heads quite a lovely glow.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I find it difficult to discover anything healthy and lush in the nature at the time being, with all the drought. Here's proof that great shots can be taken of dead things, too!
    And you are almost half way through :-)

    ReplyDelete