What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shot #20

I really liked the way the early morning sun was illuminating the ferns outside the front door.  Having started to take photographs of the ferns I noticed the bleeding heart vine.  The reflected light off the leaves and the hint of structure on the door hinges seemed quite lovely (as was the texture in the brick to the bottom left of the image).

Spot metering on the flower and a pretty large depth of field.  The ISO was set ridiculously high due to playing at night the previous day and forgetting to check camera settings before becoming engrossed in the early morning shots.  Typical!

I suppose it's quite a busy image with lots of things at which yoiu can look.  Too busy?  Click on the image to get an enlarged view and let me know what you think.

Hand held, 50mm, f16, 1/640, ISO 3200

More shots taken this morning with the 50mm lens (and unmodified) are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment