What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shot #19

Odd choice?  Probably!

I often wonder what make a good picture.  Is it what's in the image, or what's missing?  Is it what you can see, or what you imagine?

That's the inspiration behind this image.  To start with you may not realise what it is, but then you perhaps notice it's a mountain bike covered in mud.  Not all the bike is in the shot, just some nice angles with a hint of a wheel.  Again, a bit of a play on diagonals, and the hole for mounting the rear guards a tad off centre.

Did it intrigue you?  Make you think and imagine about how the dirt got there perhaps?  Let me know what you think.

Hand held, 50mm, f1.8, 1/60sec, ISO 3200

2 comments:

  1. It certainly made me wonder if you fell in a mud puddle :-) Also, since you say NZ is dry right now, is the mud a long-time friend! It's an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mud's been there a wee while I'm afraid. No falling into puddles ... riding through a boggy area and stream :-)

    ReplyDelete