What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Shot #29

I was trying to think what I could do for my 505050 shot tonight and wifey really wasn't helping by suggesting I watered the garden due to a serious lack of rain.

Still trying to think of what I could get a shot whilst setting up the sprinkler I noticed the way the sunlight caught the fern leaf.  Even better was the way the sprinkler's droplets were illuminated by the sun, and set off rather nicely against the dark wall.   I suspect this shot is rather better than anything else I'd have achieved if left to my own devices!

Shutter speed was set reasonably slow to get some motion in the water droplets, and the aperture just enough to keep most of the fern in focus but ensure the ugly concrete block wall was blurred.

Hand held, 50mm, f4, 1/80 sec, ISO 200

(Another shot you might like, but twiddled in Lightroom)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks awesome! I'm going to try the slower shutter speed with the next rain storm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Try a garden sprinkler and fake rain. You're less likely to get you or your camera wet ;-)

    ReplyDelete