What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shot #27

Wow!  What a day!  We had a great time down at AUT's new Manukau Campus where the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra along with Anonymouz and his supporting musicians put on an excellent free concert!  We had a ball.  I took just under 800 shots in the two hours we were there and not a single one taken with the 50mm lens!!  Arggh!  This left me scratching about looking for a shot to post in the 505050 project.  Oner idea was to take a shot of the images taken at the concert (which is what you see as the first image in this post), but this seems too much like a cheat.

So, back at base and somewhat bedazzled by the events of the early afternoon I found it easier to download and look through the photos from the concert than get a 50mm shot.  I tried a few shots in the garden, but can't say I was overwhelmed by any of them.
I've been chopping back some of the trees on my property and have piled up a few bits to prepare for the fire.  I've been looking at this wee pile of wood and keep thinking there probably sufficient interest in there to make a picture.  I certainly hope so as this is shot #27!

Hand held, 50mm, f2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 200

(Take a look at some of the images from the concert on my blog)

2 comments: