What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shot #23

It's managed a little bit of rain today, but only enough to make the roads greasy and dampen down the dust really.  Nevertheless, rain droplets on leaves are always something I like, so today's shot is out the back again looking at a wet yucca leaf.  Shallow depth of field again so that only one leaf is focussed and the others give an interesting blur.  The 50mm lens is nice and sharp which is just what you want on the rain drops.  I took a few more pictures of this plant earlier this year, in fact it may have been the last time it rained!  Take a look here and here.  These two images have been cropped and the saturation enhanced.  The image you see in this post is an unmodified image straight from the camera.  Spot metering and focus on the raindrops in the centre of the leaf.

Hand held (with a brolley in one hand as it happens!), f1.8, 1/160, ISO 200.

3 comments:

  1. I think that I prefer the softer (not enhanced) one as rain is soft rather than harsh and dramatic. The idea of having only the one leaf in focus works quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot, Chris. The bokeh is stunning and the leaf is tack sharp. I agree with Diane that this is the best of the three...perhaps because the light is softer. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice composition and colours. I like it too!

    ReplyDelete