What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shot #2

Out in the garden again and keen to have a go with the lens wide open.  The 50mm lens didn't really get as close as I'd have liked and I suppose under normal circumstances I'd have cropped this and probably have lightened it slightly.

Exposure and focus were on spot again and I was looking at the central part of the flower.  I was really looking to get a nice, even, green background in an attempt to make the flower stand out.  I was happy for parts of the flower's petals closest and furthest away from the camera to be out of focus.

In an attempt to get a bit more interest into the image I tilted the camera slightly to make the flower's stalk appear on the diagonal rather than vertically.

Shot taken at f1.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 200.

So what do you think?  Too dark, or just right?

2 comments: