What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shot #13

I'd noticed this bougainvillea in the garden and been quite taken with the almost monochrome background to the flowers ... well bracts.  Sometimes people desaturate parts of an image to emphasis others.  In this example the grey background of the kowhai tree trunk has given me the desaturated look I was after without the need for Photoshop.  Furthermore, there was nice dappled light playing on the bracts which I rather liked.

Again a pretty wide aperture as I wanted to blur the background so you can't tell there's a couple of tree trunks and a messy fence beyond the flowers.  Spot focus and exposure on the white flowers in amongst the red bracts.  So there you go, another image from the backyard.

50mm lens at f2.8, 1/640sec ISO 200

(If you like these flowers have a squiz here at some more shots with the 50mm lens and unmodified).


Oh ... if you click on the image you'll get an enlargement ... try it and let me know what you think :-)

1 comment:

  1. I tend to go for anything red, so I like this one. Beautiful texture in the leaves when enlarged.

    ReplyDelete