What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shot #24

One more shot to go and I'm half way.  Time really flies when you're enjoying yourself ;-)

Today's shot was taken inside the Marae at Manukau Institute of Technology.  There's some beautiful carvings in here created by some very talented people.  You may have already seen the outside of the Marae on some flickr shot I posted earlier?

The light levels were quite low inside the building, but the woodwork was quite dark also.  I would have to use flash or boost the ISO to get the shot.  Using the camera's flash wasn't really an option as I'd get some nasty shadows and reflections, so a high ISO and a wide aperture was chosen as the best line of attack.

I took a tripod with me, but as there were a few people milling around inside the Marae I elected to hand hold the camera.  Perhaps a bit of a mistake?

Hand held, 50mm, f2.8, 1/15sec, ISO1600

No comments:

Post a Comment