What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shot #11

Sadly the 50mm lens doesn't let me get as close as I'd like to the eye.  I fancied a nice close-up, but I'd need  a different lens for that.  I wanted to capture the concentration expressed in the eye, and avoid any distractions from anything else in the frame.  Aperture was f4 as I was finding it tricky to maintain focus at f1.8.  Nevetheless due to the close focus of the lens much of the background is blurred.  The image is surprisingly sharp around the eye and the eyelashes are particularly crisp.

Do you get the impression of concentration, or did I miss the plot totally?

50mm, f4, 1/80sec, ISO 800

A couple more unprocessed images taken with the 50mm lens today

2 comments:

  1. I think you got it! Years ago, John Hall (remember him?) told me to photograph or video the kids while they were watching tv. If you get down low enough, you can get some great shots of different emotions - surprise, delight, anger, frustration ... This certainly looks like concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember John. When fed up he'd walk up to my old Austin and smell it. The aroma of the old car transported him back to happier times as a youngster :-) Concentration. Xbox!!

    ReplyDelete