What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Shot #5

I took the camera to work in the hope of getting some shots around the buildings, but it never happened.  Today was very busy with one thing and another so I had to wait until I got home before I managed a shot for the blog.

The sun was quite low in the sky which have quite a nice "glow" to things in the garden.  You can get a bit of an idea of this "glow" on the stalks in the image.

I tried to put the white flower in a strong position in the image, and also take advantage of a diagonal line with the stalk of the plant.  The grotty fence behind the plant needed to be out of focus, and I think we achieved that at least!

I'm still trying to use f1.8 to get a shallow depth of field and being careful on what I focus in the shot.  However, for this shot I used f2.8, average metering, but spot exposure on the little white "flower" in the midst of the red bracts.

I mentioned earlier that it was busy at work, so I was pretty tired on arrival home.  I have to admit the camera settings are a tad bizarre!  ISO 800!!!  Nevertheless, the shot isn't too noisy.

ISO 800, f1.8, 1/3200sec 50mm

No comments:

Post a Comment