What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shot #18

Looks like she's going to burst into song!

Waiting for the bus there were heaps of people milling about.  I couldn't help thinking there was so much potential for good shots, but how to get a shot without people posing, feeling embarrassed or feeling offended?

Not sure what to do, and not really wanting to get involved in conversations I set the camera to f5.6, ISO 200, auto focus and aperture priority.  I then just pointed the camera into the general direction of this charming girl.  I was amazed that I actually got something in the frame, let alone something as sharp as I managed.

The bus stop was full of people, and some really great photographic opportunities.  I think I'll head back again, be more open about what I'm doing and try a few more shots.

I suspect for street photography a wider angle lens would be better, but on the day all I has was the 50mm.  So there you go, today's shot was literally from the hip.

50mm, f5.6, 1/1250sec, ISO 200

1 comment:

  1. Great shot. Quite an outfit!! This has captured a very lively moment. The posture and expression are just right. You could hardly have got her to do it better even if you'd tried. Only minor problem. The person in blue doesn't look very happy and is a bit of a distraction if you look at him.

    ReplyDelete