What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shot #16

Another quick snap in the backyard.  Pretty busy with things non-photographic and still battling with a sore head so the shot's not the best.  I'm very keen to get a shot a day and write something about it, but it's a lot more difficult than I originally thought it was going to be.  I could imagine scouts in the army examining their surroundings looking for the enemy to shoot, or, perhaps more importantly, to avoid being shot.  I'm doing something similar ... prowling the backyard looking for something to shoot.

Just under my lime tree is a little weed in the process of releasing seeds to generate yet more weeds.  Ideal candidate for a shallow depth of field?  Certainly isolates the seed head from its surroundings.  You can also appreciate just how dry it is here presently with the grass appearing less lush and green than usual.

Today's prowl saw me without tripod ... I just ran out to get the shot whilst the kettle was boiling!  However, the seeds seem pretty sharp even though it was handheld.  Click on the image to get an enlargement.

The image is unmodified remember and may benefit from a little more saturation (then again monochrome may be better).  What do you think?

Hand held, 50mm, f2.8, 1/320sec, ISO200

1 comment:

  1. I think I like the coloured weed better than the mono. Looks like a harmless little thing doesn't it? They have such beautiful "parachutes" and look so graceful. You have captured that deceptive fragility well here. But nature is so prolific ... too bad. We currently have a tree trying to produce endless little ones.

    ReplyDelete