What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shot #7

Still playing with depth of field, this shot was again taken at f1.8 in an attempt to focus your attention on the sign, but then give a bit of a hint as to what was actually at the substation.  I felt that by blurring the background the viewer wouldn't be overwhelmed by the detail of the transformers, cables and other gadgetry at the site.  Slanting the sign and the faint overhead cables assist in keeping the eye in the frame.  I'm a little disappointed with the exposure ... I think it's overexposed, and a little bit of a crop would help remove the green patch bottom left.  What do you think?

50mm, f1.8, 1/8000 sec, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment