What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Shot #1 1st March 2010

My first image.  I thought I'd start with a series of images that have a shallow depth of field.  This image was taken inside using natural light only, spot metering and focus on a house plant's flower.  With the potential for camera shake (there's no VR on my 50mm lens) I opted to use a tripod.

I wanted the head of the flower to be in quite a powerful position in the image and was quite taken with the background shapes and colours.  Unfortunately, there's no hints in my viewfinder as to where the golden ratios are and I'm not going to use Lightroom and the crop overlays.

I've felt pretty rough today, so the quality of the image isn't the best.  Perhaps when I'm less likely to be sick the images will improve ... lets hope so.

f1.8, 1/125sec, ISO 200, 50mm

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for a poorly feeling soul! Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete