What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Shot #15

I suppose it's the old, somewhat decaying timber and the rather bent catches and hinges on the gates that appeal to me.  There's definitely some lovely textures and colours in the lichens, mosses and fungi.

So, today's shot was taken through one of the gates on my property with a view down towards my citrus trees.  I thought I'd like to keep this 'secret' so again a shallow depth of field that gives the idea of something green and pleasant, without being specific.  Focus on the gate is also rather soft with idea of making you 'see' the catch.  I've tried to put the catch in quite a powerful position in the frame, but also the left hand horizontal piece of timber.  Does it work?

Again, no modifications either in or out of camera.

Hand held, 50mm, f1.8, 1/800sec, ISO 200

(Check out a monochrome version of this image on flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment