What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Shot #12

It was vigorous at the previous house and the cuttings we brought with us have grown into a rather large Fijian Hibiscus.  Coming home tonight I was desperately trying to think of something I could take for the 505050 shot today.  There is was, this pink hibiscus looking at me through the living room window.  All I had to do was open a window, compose the picture and take the shot.  Pretty in pink?  What do you think?

50mm, f8, 1/125sec, ISO 200

4 comments:

  1. Hey man! Beautiful shot.
    This is Steven. I have no idea why it still says "Miserman" as my username.
    This project is 50 mm shots for 50 days? Is that right?
    I really enjoy the composition as well. Lower third for the flower is an interesting choice. I like how you can see the deep pink in the middle of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot. I think it's my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple. It's a terrific flower and just in perfect bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all like the shot and Steven, you're quite right about the project. A shot a day with a 50mm lens for 50 consecutive days with a slight twist that you'll appreciate. No modifications to the image either in or out of camera. Kind of fits with your Serene Simplicity.

    ReplyDelete