What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shot #6

I'd been up pretty early this morning taking a friend to Auckland so she could set off on a trip up north.  I'd been using my 50mm lens, but I was having difficulty with the light.  Very bright highlights and very dark shadows.  Looking at the images they really needed a bit of a tweek and the idea behind this blog is to post images that haven't had any form of post processing.

Later in the day we headed south to Wattle Downs and took the camera.  The view you see to the left was taken with the 50mm lens set at f16 with ISO 200 and a shutter speed of 1/125sec.

My plan as I started this project has been to use a very shallow depth of field, but today has been different.  I really needed as much as possible to be in focus to help the viewer feel part of the scene.  Try clicking on the image to enlarge it and you'll get a better appreciation of just what is in focus.

The image is also quite a bit different to previous efforts which definitely can't be thought of as landscapes!  Quite often people think landscapes are synonymous with wide angle lenses, but I don't think this really is the case.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment