What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shot #32

Busy day at work again and no time to get a shot either before, during breaks or immediately after work.  At home I tried some shots in the garden but really wasn't that impressed.  As we'd run out of milk a quick trip up to the dairy was in order and I caught a glimpse of quite a lovely sunset.  The problem was that most of the foreground matter is not really the type of thing you want in a sunset.  I tried to find a good vantage point then stumbled upon some interesting weeds.  I thought if I focussed on the weeds and made them into a silhouette you'd get the colours of the sunset without noticing the warehouses and other general rubbish.  I'm reasonably pleased with the result; just a bit disappointed with the extra twigs to the left.  I never noticed these when I took the shot!  I was, remember, just popping out to the dairy for some milk!

Hand held, 50mm lens, f8, 1/800sec, ISO200

No comments:

Post a Comment