What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shot #48

Not sure about this shot.  I took a few and this wasn't my first choice at all.  I visited an old church just down the road from my home and tried some shots, but the focal length (75mm in old money) was just too much for the space I had available.  Perhaps I'll go back with a wider lens and try again?

Today's shot was taken round the back of the church in the graveyard.  The light was well diffused and there were some nice clouds and effects on the gravestones, but this particular image appealed because of the "decay".  The rusting metal is part of the surround to a grave and the plants have gone to seed and are dying also.  The concurrent decay of both man made objects and nature was the "inspiration" I suppose behind the image.

Hand held, 50mm lens, f2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment