What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shot #39

Autumn here in New Zealand and we've just knocked the clock back an hour.  The sun is lower in the sky and there's this warm glow to many things around you as you head towards 6pm.  I've always liked to look through leaves into the sun and today's shot shows the bright setting sun, some rather nice flare and the autumnal leaves of a silver birch in my front garden.

Focus and exposure was on the leaves to the bottom of the frame.  I suppose I could have used a slightly higher f-stop, but I really didn't want the camelia behind the silver birch leaves to be discernable as anything other than shadows.

Hand held, 50mm lens, f2.8, 1/500sec, ISO 200.

Any good?  Make you think of autumn perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment