What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shot #41


Shot of a very pretty girl at Manukau City's Vaisakhi Day celebrations.  Sadly the image isn't as sharp as I'd have liked, but does that matter?  I can recall quickly switching subjects to capture this girl and I suspect either the autofocus didn't function fast enough or I hadn't stopped moving the camera when I pressed the shutter release.  Either way I still really like the spontaneity of the image.


I'd been down to Auckland City earlier yet failed to take my 50mm lens.  This meant I was stuck again without a 50mm lens shot for the blog.  Fortunately, my daughter wanted some running shoes, so a quick trip into Manukau City, with the 50mm lens of course, was an opportunity for a shot.

A few folk have been talking about Street Photography and at an organised event people seem very happy to let you take a photograph or two.  More often than not they tend to pose and look rather stilted.  I suppose that's why I like the lack of a pose in this shot.  Let me know what you think.

Hand held, 50mm lens, f2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 200

There's a few more shots from the street here taken with an 18-200mm zoom and the 50mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment