What is 505050?

The idea is to use a 50mm lens to take one shot a day for 50 consecutive days. The images posted will be unmodified ... well, I'll convert them from RAW into JPEG, but that's all. Some images may benefit for a bit of a twiddle and they will appear either on my flickr pages or my blog. Have fun looking over my attempts and please make comments and offer encouragement to complete the 50 day project.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shot #37

Autumn and time to gather things for the Pre-School nature table.  We spent a lovely afternoon at Cornwall Park collecting leaves, acorns and "cheggies" (well, that's what we used to call them!  Most other folk seem to call them conkers).  I always thought a cheggy sounded better than a conker!

We arrived a little after 1pm and the light was quite lovely.  The clouds were glorious, but with the 50mm lens I just didn't seem to be able to get enough in the shot.  Perhaps when this project finishes I'll try something with a wide angle lens?

Today's shot was of a wonderfully coloured and textured tree limb.  I've cheated slightly as what appears to be the trunk is in fact a horizontal branch.  I think the image works better in portrait rather than landscape though.  Twiddle about and let me know what you think.

Hand held, 50mm lens, f8, 1/125 sec, ISO 200.

Spot metering and focus on the central part of the tree and f8 to get a reasonable amount of stuff in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment